Watching this interview will make you like these 3 even if you hated them in the past. 😉 Interesting and much needed conversation regarding race, the archaic GRAMMYS system, Tower Records and more.
Discussing new album, last album, Top Dawg and why Charlamagne thinks he dresses like a janitor. Love Kendrick and his humbleness. Can’t wait to hear more of the new album…
Fans have mixed feelings on the much anticipated Kendrick Lamar’s first single from the sophomore album of the Compton, Ca rapper which features a sample of the Isley Brothers’ “That Lady,” but I love it. I’m happy that Kendrick went in a completely different direction that most expected him to while most importantly carrying a message with it not only thru the controversial album art which features a blood and crip together with their hands forming the signs of hearts instead of gang symbols. There have been comparisons to Outkast but Kendrick has been speaking about listening to The Isley Brothers and other classic music for some time.
“I bought the whole Isley Brothers collection,” Lamar said last year to Flaunt magazine. “I know all these songs because they were playing in my house growing up, but I didn’t know what I was singing … Now, I realize they were talking about some serious relationship s–t – being in love, being out of love …They were on some grown s–t.”
I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next to come from the album slated for release this Fall on Interscope Records. What are your thoughts on the song? Before reading any comments, take a listen and give your genuine opinion. Don’t judge artist’s music based on the perception of other’s first.
For more info: @kendricklamar
In case you weren’t one of the lucky ones to hang with us when Jasmine Villegas was on What’s Trending a few years ago, here is another chance to see the lovely lady in person. Make sure to follow all steps and hashtag #dashradio on your video to enter to win. Good luck Jasminators and we hope to see you there!
September 13, 2014
The 2014 full performance line up will include Kendrick Lamar, Nas, Jhene Aiko, Method Man, Redman, Amel Larrieux, Daley, Bilal, Alice Smith, Isaiah Rashad, Cody ChestnuTT, and will also feature the Soulection Sound Stage w/ Lakim, Andre Power, The Whooligan & The WERC DJs. Additional artists be announced with surprises to come!
AARONS AMPHITHEATRE @LAKEWOOD
Since 2010, ONE Musicfest has been bringing your favorite artists from yesterday and today, alongside tomorrow’s next big thing! Scroll through the 2014 OMF lineup below and expect even more artists to be announced!
For more info and to purchase tickets visit:
This year, ONE Musicfest is bringing the party to Aaron’s Amphitheater @Lakewood. The venue features:
Three stages! Including a bigger Main stage with 2 HUGE video monitors
Lawn, Reserved, Pit and VIP Seating with full stage views
Capacity for double the amount of food trucks/merchants from last year
Exclusive VIP lounge with premium private bar, AC, private bathrooms, food and TVs to watch games & main stage
VIP party boxes for parties up to SIX, with private wait staff
Easy parking and fast access to I-75, I-85 and I-20
Four huge concession areas for quick bites, drinks, snacks & more
See highlights from One Music Fest 2013 below:
Today Jasmine Villegas AKA as Jasmine V. premiered her new single “That’s Me Right There” ft. Kendrick Lamar on Wild 94.9 and The Lift Off with DJ Justin Credible and JCruz at Power 106.
Listen to it below and let us know your thoughts on the song. If you don’t see it below, click HERE.
Also below is the artwork of the song and flashback What’s Trending interviews with Jasmine V. on You Tube. We’re excited she is releasing new music and big fans of her mixtape, (he) Be(Lie)ve(d), download it HERE if you don’t have it already.
2011 What’s Trending Performance “Just A Friend”
2013 What’s Trending “Paint A Smile” Performance & Interview
What you’ll learn from watching the video above:
1. 2006: SKEE launched the first daily YouTube content channel for music & culture of it’s kind when it first started (years before Google and post Myspace’s rise and need for a useful video tool/upload for artists/creatives).
2. 2008: Before Vevo, the SKEE TV team began to produce music videos specifically for the internet, pioneers in this promotional space that had record labels previously focusing on television only.
3. Daily and weekly SKEE can be heard on Sirius/XM “Hip Hop Nation” alongside KIIS FM 102.7FM and IHeartRadio.
4. After turning 30, he realized his new focus is on challenging existing business models that used to be gated off by a select few & empowering others through spotlight.
5. Mark Cuban calls SKEE the “Oprah” of our culture publicly alongside HERE on Jay Leno, that’s why he gave him the weekly SKEELIVE music program on his AXS TV Network.
6. SKEE was the first to play artists like Kendrick Lamar and Lady Gaga on the radio when not many believed in them or their unique sound.
7. He is previously guilty of not having a true defining statement or plan and trying to incorporate what others into what they were doing, even when it wasn’t right.
8. SKEELIVE fans helped him find his true voice.
9. “The Red Pill” is known to fans of the TV show as one of their favorite segments of the series, which became the defining moment not only for the show, but the entire SKEE brand.
10. He wants you to not only enjoy the best performances & interviews from today’s top artists, but walk away motivated to break barriers that featured artists alongside himself have in their own lives. If they can do it, YOU can too! SKEELIVE is not for gossip and juicy news, but the unfiltered truth & stories of empowerment from the leaders of THIS generation…
Have you found YOUR meaning? We all inspire daily to find ours, and hope the video above motivates you to as well!