#LilBoosie #YG & #DJMustard on #SKEELIVE 6/10. Early 1PM show for the summer. Get your FREE tickets at SKEE.CO 👌#thirdfloornetwork (at SKEELIVE on AXS TV – DTLA)
djskee: SKEE Live – Season 2: Steve Aoki, G-Eazy, Sage The Gemini, IAMSU! (Source: http://www.youtube.com/)
What you’ll learn from watching the video above:
1. 2006: SKEE launched the first daily YouTube content channel for music & culture of it’s kind when it first started (years before Google and post Myspace’s rise and need for a useful video tool/upload for artists/creatives).
2. 2008: Before Vevo, the SKEE TV team began to produce music videos specifically for the internet, pioneers in this promotional space that had record labels previously focusing on television only.
3. Daily and weekly SKEE can be heard on Sirius/XM “Hip Hop Nation” alongside KIIS FM 102.7FM and IHeartRadio.
4. After turning 30, he realized his new focus is on challenging existing business models that used to be gated off by a select few & empowering others through spotlight.
5. Mark Cuban calls SKEE the “Oprah” of our culture publicly alongside HERE on Jay Leno, that’s why he gave him the weekly SKEELIVE music program on his AXS TV Network.
6. SKEE was the first to play artists like Kendrick Lamar and Lady Gaga on the radio when not many believed in them or their unique sound.
7. He is previously guilty of not having a true defining statement or plan and trying to incorporate what others into what they were doing, even when it wasn’t right.
8. SKEELIVE fans helped him find his true voice.
9. “The Red Pill” is known to fans of the TV show as one of their favorite segments of the series, which became the defining moment not only for the show, but the entire SKEE brand.
10. He wants you to not only enjoy the best performances & interviews from today’s top artists, but walk away motivated to break barriers that featured artists alongside himself have in their own lives. If they can do it, YOU can too! SKEELIVE is not for gossip and juicy news, but the unfiltered truth & stories of empowerment from the leaders of THIS generation…
Have you found YOUR meaning? We all inspire daily to find ours, and hope the video above motivates you to as well!
Elliott Wilson Talks to DJ Skee
“Live From L.A.” on Hip-Hop Nation
From one great interviewer to another, DJ Skee talks to Elliott Wilson at the Skeelodge on his Hip Hop Nation weekly radio show on his past, present and future. EW discusses his humble beginnings pretending to be a DJ who wasn’t allowed to buy white label records, early days as the XXL magazine editor, XXL vs. The Source pound for pound, starting Ego Trip, Rap Radar, challenges in booking his memorable #CRWN video interview series, new “Hardcover” project with his wife Danyel Smith Elliott, former Billboard/VIBE editor, working with Jay-Z and much more.
I remember visiting Elliott Wilson’s Myspace pages daily in the late 2000’s, inviting him to every NYC Myspace show we had, hoping he’d come so we could impress him with the showmanship of the live event. Proud of how far he has come, continuously evolving his brand and the artists around him. A great interview to listen to in it’s entirety as an upcoming journalist, DJ, artist or everyday hip hop fan.
#MondayArchives @ebjohnson1 & I brought @kendricklamar to @whatstrending in 2011 to stream live & tape one of his first national performances of #HiiiPower – fast forward 2 years later & he’s headlining 1 of 50 shows in 50 cities this Thurs. and 1/5 being livestreamed for #budlightmusicfirst on August 1 on #newmyspace – Life’s amazing […]
Alas! #thirdflooradio is officially back starting with @slumvillage on #newmyspace – a mix of my favorite #slumvillage songs & exclusive interview. Let me know if you need an invite to listen. More to come on #DJSkee Skee247.comradio station soon 🙂 #threesup Listen now at new.myspace.com/roslynn and here.
@djskee @devidev featured on #newmyspace as awesome people to discover at new.myspace.com/discover/people #djskee #devidev @mike_skeetv – lmk if you need an invite to the new site to see 😉 (at new.myspace.com)