Clyde Carson & DJ Amen HBK Gang Mix on Third Floor Radio 5.14.13 Start-10:30 DJ Amen HBK Gang Mix One of the Bay Area’s most influential DJs mixes some of the best from the HBK Gang. 10:30-16:00 Clyde Carson Interview Part 1 Carson takes us back to where he grew up in the Bay, playing […]
Late night preview of @snowthaproduct awesome #SKEELIVE S.2 #offthetop shoot. Such a great writer x performer, can’t wait for everyone to see 5.23 #snowthaproduct directed by Maloney x @SKEETV team #thirdfloornetwork (at Secret Location )
Happy 10 Year Anniversary to #TheAplSong by the #BlackEyedPeas – Seems like so long ago, but it was fun to work on this video not only as the stylist but was happy to introduce Director #PatricioGinelsa to APL to watch the magic happen created from there with his awesome team. As soon as I read the treatment I knew that APL needed to read it too.
Patricio’s original treatment includes a great story of past meets present from a Filipino War Veteran, a story we all know to well as Filipino Americans and it was great to see it come to light as he imagined. The music video has an all star Filipino American cast including not only the Peas, but Chad Hugo, Joy Bisco, Dante Basco, DJ Rhettmatic and many more. Watch it a few times to see all of our cameos throughout alongside great drawings by Leroid David. 😉 See the actual music video HERE.
While your at it, check out the release party (which was coincidentally my very first myspace.com party in 2004)
1. 2006: SKEE launched the first daily YouTube content channel for music & culture of it’s kind when it first started (years before Google and post Myspace’s rise and need for a useful video tool/upload for artists/creatives).
2. 2008: Before Vevo, the SKEE TV team began to produce music videos specifically for the internet, pioneers in this promotional space that had record labels previously focusing on television only.
3. Daily and weekly SKEE can be heard on Sirius/XM “Hip Hop Nation” alongside KIIS FM 102.7FM and IHeartRadio.
4. After turning 30, he realized his new focus is on challenging existing business models that used to be gated off by a select few & empowering others through spotlight.
5. Mark Cuban calls SKEE the “Oprah” of our culture publicly alongside HERE on Jay Leno, that’s why he gave him the weekly SKEELIVE music program on his AXS TV Network.
6. SKEE was the first to play artists like Kendrick Lamar and Lady Gaga on the radio when not many believed in them or their unique sound.
7. He is previously guilty of not having a true defining statement or plan and trying to incorporate what others into what they were doing, even when it wasn’t right.
8. SKEELIVE fans helped him find his true voice.
9. “The Red Pill” is known to fans of the TV show as one of their favorite segments of the series, which became the defining moment not only for the show, but the entire SKEE brand.
10. He wants you to not only enjoy the best performances & interviews from today’s top artists, but walk away motivated to break barriers that featured artists alongside himself have in their own lives. If they can do it, YOU can too! SKEELIVE is not for gossip and juicy news, but the unfiltered truth & stories of empowerment from the leaders of THIS generation…
Have you found YOUR meaning? We all inspire daily to find ours, and hope the video above motivates you to as well!
#thirdfloorradio #bayarea takeover ft. @clydecarson & special #HBKgang mix by @djamen3000 of @youngcalifornia – Tune in 8-9PM PST on #SKEE247 & #thirdfloornetwork .com #clydecarson #100happydays Day21 (at thirdfloornetwork.com SKEE247)
#WCW @missalynette -one of my favorite radio personalities playing double duty daily at 104.7FM & weekly at @SKEE247 co hosting the #criscokiddblockparty w/ @criscokidd #turnup w/her on the radio, learn about all she does for the community, wish her a happy birthday & thank me later. 😊 #CKBP #SKEE247 👌#thirdfloornetwork #skeelo 👆😢 (at WCW – […]